- Date: 22 September 2023
- Location: Italian Institute of Technology (IIT), Genoa
We are preparing a panel discussion on the broad topic of “Recognizing Excellence in Research”, which we believe is both topical, timely, and likely to attract interest from a large audience. We are pleased to introduce our esteemed panelists:
- Prof. Maria Leptin, President of the ERC
- Prof. Martin Chalfie, Nobel laureate in Chemistry
- Dr. Jens-Peter Gaul, Secretary General of the German Rectors' Conference
- Prof. Toma Susi, representative of the CoARA Board and AERG Board member
An agenda for the event you will find here.
Our primary objective during this event is to explore the concept of excellence in science and delve into the policies that shape it. The event will bring together ERC Grantees from the IIT, from the region, and, we hope, from elsewhere in Europe. It will be broadcast widely.
In addition to the panel discussion, we are excited to host our fifth "Science & Society" Seminar. This captivating session will feature Prof. Barbara Mazzolai, the Associate Director for Robotics and the Director of the Bioinspired Soft Robotics Laboratory at the IIT, who will present a lecture titled: "The life of robots in natural ecosystems".
If you are interested to join, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will find the recording of the event here.